Join the sea Gardener for a foraging walk, a seaweed cookery demonstration, a beach picnic or a talk
– we have a variety of events already planned for this year and we’ll be at many of the good Food Festivals coming up.
Or contact Marie directly to discuss your own specific requirements. Talks & workshops are designed to suit particular needs – we are open to ideas! A browse through this website may give you some ideas. Visitors staying in the area are especially welcome so do contact us if you fancy a guided walk on the beach!
- April 10 & 11
- Appearing at West Waterford Festival of Food . Dungarvan: Seaweed Forages, Cookery Demo at The Tannery Cookery School and The Sea Gardener Food Products will be for sale at the Festival Market. Booking via Festival website/office.
- May 18
- Seaweed Forage, Kilfarassey, Co. Waterford - our 5th year as part of the Bealtaine Festival of Outdoor Science
- June 5
- Seaweed Ecology Workshop, NBDC, Carriganore, Waterford. Book direclty with Centre for this one-day workshop with field trip to a local beach.
- July 18
- Beach Picnic & Forage on the Copper Coast, Co. Waterford
- August 15
- Beach Walk & Forage at Rathmoylan & Ballymacaw, Co.Waterford
- Sept 12
- Waterford Harvest Festival
- Sept 27
- Autumn Forage
- Bia Bofinne, Inishbofin Food Festival
Details of venues will be posted here and on Facebook & Twitter closer to the time.
New events are being added all the time.